Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Surf Therapy

I live on the coast of Maine, which isn't exactly ideal surf country, but when I want to relax, I like to go down and stare at the water.

But getting back to surfing, Miller-McCune has a great story about how some people with PTSD are benefiting from surfing, what is being called Ocean or Surf Therapy. It's been used the U.S. and UK military, as well as other groups.

Why does it work? It's exercise, it's fun, it's a whole-body-whole-mind experience, and... well, the rest is still being researched.

But don't let that stop you. Read more about it here:

Addressing PTSD With Surf Therapy - Miller-McCune

1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this. I am very happy to your post about on. Great information, I would like to say your post is very informative.
    ptsd therapy

    ReplyDelete