Cartoonists, fine artists and authors from around the country have donated items for an auction to bring awareness to the public about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The auction will benefit Fearless Nation PTSD Support, a 501c3 Non-Profit Public Charity dedicated to raising awareness and education about PTSD and to banishing the stigma associated with it.
Artists and authors whose work appears in the auction include:
- Matt Aucoin, creator of the webcomic Percy & Grimm, http://www.mischiefcomics.com
- Cartoonist and art teacher Cara Bean, http://beandoodling.blogspot.com/
- Cartoonist, writer and zine creator Breanne Boland, http://breanneboland.com/
- Shikhar Dixit, whose artwork and short stories have appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies over the last 15 years
- Artist, photographer and educator Nancy Husari
- Cartoonist and illustrator Meredith Randazzo, http://www.meredithrandazzo.com/
- Janice Shaprio, author of the acclaimed new short story collection Bummer and Other Stories, http://www.janiceshapiro.com
The auction began today, July 18 and will run through Sunday, July 24. It can be found at http://shop.ebay.com/jplatt/m.html.
This will be the first of several art and book actions to benefit Fearless Nation. "Quite a few authors have already promised signed books for our second auction, which we hope to hold in late August," said Platt.
"We are thrilled to have so many great artists step up and offer their work to support our efforts," said Colleen Crary, M.A., founder and Executive Director of Fearless Nation PTSD Support. "Donations like this are what make it possible for us to continue to help trauma victims worldwide and to break down the stigmas that people with PTSD face in their daily lives."
About Fearless Nation PTSD Support:
Fearless Nation PTSD Support is a 501c3 Non Profit Public Charity that provides free community support for all post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) sufferers, their family, friends and therapists through raising awareness and education about PTSD based in proven science in order to banish the stigma and misinformation associated with the condition. The Fearless Nation motto is "Be Fearless!" All are welcome. All are included. Visit http://www.fearless-nation.org.