Friday, December 9, 2011

PTSD & The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

I keep meaning to read the "Dragon Tattoo" books, especially with the first US movie looming on the horizon. But psychologists who have read it say lead character Lisbeth Salander obviously has PTSD from a traumatic childhood.

Everyday Health has the story about "diagnosing" this fictional character, along psychologists' thoughts on how she should be treated:

Asperger's? PTSD? What's Wrong With the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? 

[Edited 1/18/2002 -- I've now read all three books, and yup, that's one traumatized main character. Wow.]

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for this informative post. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for sharing this great article. Great information thanks a lot for the detailed article. Thanks for shearing about this I thinks its very hopeful post and very important post for us.
    "ptsd therapy"

    ReplyDelete